Recognized as a market-leading corporate strategist, Moshe Kupietzky provides business entities, entrepreneurs, and innovative companies with legal solutions to accelerate growth. Now focusing on the healthcare industry, Moshe applies his considerable knowledge in the areas of corporate and finance law to advise the lawyers in Nelson Hardiman’s Transactions Group and their clients. He harnesses experience across a broad spectrum of industries to structure complex mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity purchases, strategic partnerships and consolidations, and related opportunities triggered by the burgeoning growth in healthcare markets.
Financial Strategies for Healthcare Providers
A leading corporate and M&A attorney with more than five decades of experience, Moshe balances legal prowess with finance-savvy knowledge of global transactions to spur growth for market leaders. He executes transactions deploying new and existing business models to craft cutting-edge solutions across multiple industry sectors. He represents:
- Buyers and sellers in multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions
- Investors and companies involved in strategic private placements and other business investment transactions
- Lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured finance transactions
- Debtors and creditors in out of court restructuring transactions
- Boards of directors on corporate strategy and legal matters
A Wealth of Experience Solidifies Business Opportunities
From the time he graduated from Harvard Law School, near the top of his class, Moshe has leveraged his knowledge of corporate and finance law to develop innovative solutions and strategies to business entities of various forms. For most of his career, he led corporate legal teams for several large global law firms. He is widely recognized as a leading corporate M&A attorney as well as an expert in banking and finance law. Deeply insightful, Moshe is known for delivering strategic, innovative, and practical legal advice to buyers and sellers, investors and owners, boards of directors, and sources of financing for businesses and transactions of all sizes. He has strategized a plethora of diverse transactions, ranging from representing manufacturing and entertainment industry interests to negotiating licensing for a medical diagnostics developer and acquisition interest in a pharmacy benefits management company,
Corporate and Finance Leader a Valued Client Resource
Today, Moshe concentrates on helping clients adapt to a new era in healthcare. He works with the firm’s healthcare law specialists to navigate the intersection of healthcare and corporate law, and mentors new lawyers to sustain the pipeline of legal talent needed to grow and innovate the highly regulated healthcare industry.
With Moshe at the helm, our transactions team can handle any issues arising from a merger, acquisition, or divestiture, providing an invaluable resource for our clients. He brings decades of experience and a legendary reputation as a “go to” lawyer, counseling buyers and sellers in major multi-jurisdictional transactions involving complex licensing agreements and regulatory issues. Moshe’s deft representation of major national and international companies in strategic joint ventures and investments combined with his deep experience in financing and M&A transactions make him an exceptional addition to firm’s transactions practice.
Activities And Honors
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers named Moshe a leading Corporate M&A lawyer, 2007 to present
- Chambers USA: Banking and Finance selected him as a Leading Lawyer in Banking and Finance 2008-present
- Moshe was selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for Banking and Finance Law and Corporate Law, 2007-2022
- He was named an Acritas Stars stand-out lawyer in 2020
- Moshe received the Best Lawyers 2019 Banking and Finance “Lawyer of the Year” award in Los Angeles
- The Legal 500, one of the premier legal research, ranking and publishing firms in the world, recognized Moshe in 2012
- Moshe served as law clerk to the Hon. William B. Herlands (SDNY 1968-1969)
- Editor, Harvard Law Review, 1967-1968
Life Outside the Firm
When not attending to client needs, Moshe spends time with his large family and loves travel (especially cruising). He is also active in a number of philanthropic, communal and professional organizations.
Harvard Law School, magna cum laude, J.D.
City College New York, Accounting And Economics, B.B.A.
State Bar of California
California Lawyers Association (successor to the California State Bar Association)
Member, Steering Committee of Opinion Committee 2003-present
- Sale of Business. Represented the largest U.S. post-consumer plastics recycler in its sale to three strategic purchasers
- Restructuring. Represented management in restructuring of ownership and licensing arrangements for a popular internet-based programming platform
- Acquisition. Represented investors in acquiring minority interest in a pharmacy benefits manager
- Acquisition. Represented a major private equity form in a highly regulated industry acquire 550 properties across 5 states involving complex licensing agreements regulated by local, state, and federal laws
- Acquisition. Represented a U.S. music publisher in acquiring a major ownership position in a Europe-based publishing company
- Licensing. Represented the developer of a COVID-19 testing system in licensing to a major municipal entity
- Finance. Represented a manufacturing company in obtaining a revolving line of credit from Citibank
- Finance. Represented a TV production company in obtaining a revolving production line of credit from East West Bank
- Joint Venture. Represented a U.S. music publisher in forming a joint venture company to provide talent management and packaging services to songwriters and performers