Nelson Hardiman’s thought leadership around the future of healthcare has driven many next-generation healthcare concepts to realization. The convergence of healthcare and the internet opens up a world of possibilities and a vast array of legal issues. Our leading role in the digital health transformation ideally positions Nelson Hardiman to help digital health providers comply with the complex web of federal and state regulations to achieve their business goals.
The seasoned professionals on our healthcare team focus on every aspect of digital health – from protection of intellectual property, to regulatory issues and privacy concerns. In an industry that is a hotbed of opportunity, we counsel start-ups, inventors and innovators on the business and regulatory drivers of innovative digital business models, including mHealth, telehealth and other modalities, making Nelson Hardiman the one-stop law firm for digital health.
Related PracticesGovernment InvestigationsLitigationRegulatory ComplianceTransactions
Our Work Includes:
- Business Transactions Advise on the formation of professional corporations and management companies.
- Compliance Advise on corporate practice of medicine, licensing, internet prescribing, Stark and Anti-Kickback and HIPAA requirements.
- Compliance and Risk Management Strategy Advised a digital health company on compliance and risk management strategy in servicing Medicare beneficiaries and contracting with Medicare and in-network healthcare providers.
- Digital Health Proactively counsel digital health providers to meet business, regulatory and strategic challenges from mobile digital health platforms to internet prescriptions.
- Litigation Defend licensure, Medicare/Medi-Cal and DEA defense and appeals, False Claims Act/qui tam whistleblower litigation and general business disputes.
- Regulatory Compliance Advised on potential fee-splitting, anti-kickback, and other regulatory issues involved in third-party website referral services.
- Regulatory Defense Represent digital health providers in medical Board investigations, DEA audits/investigations and reimbursement audits.
- Telehealth Keep telehealth providers current with laws, regulations and agency guidelines in California and across national platforms.