Strong regulatory support and a keen grasp of business are the keys to success in any physician practice. Nelson Hardiman helps physician subspecialists manage the constantly changing regulatory climate and achieve their financial and market objectives in the rapidly evolving healthcare industry.
We are problem solvers. Our attorneys are authorities on healthcare fraud and abuse, with a national reputation for industry-wide business expertise. We have developed key resources to facilitate compliance and provide support for the realignment underway in the healthcare industry. The key to our success is our keen insight into the changing regulatory landscape and emerging industry trends. Focused on regulatory and reimbursement challenges and strategy, clinical safety, and data security, we provide dynamic, cutting-edge legal services to physicians across a wide range of business, regulatory, and strategic challenges.
Our Work Includes:
- Billing Dispute Prevented litigation between physicians and billing company over the denial of claims by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS).
- Digital Healthcare Referral Services Analyzed website referral services and counseled chiropractic client on potential fee-splitting, anti-kickback, and other regulatory issues.
- Factoring Counseled and documented various factoring and ABL lines for medical groups.
- False Claims Act Undermined Relator’s false claims act theory and demonstrated that our physician client was not involved in an alleged conspiracy to admit psychiatric patients using California’s involuntary procedure.
- Healthcare Fraud Counseled a physician in a dispute with a healthcare district in Riverside County in which the district sued for alleged fraud and fee-splitting.
- Partnership Dispute Successfully mediated a partnership dispute involving an orthopedic practice of physicians and chiropractors.
- Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute Compliance Obtained dismissal from civil conspiracy complaint and cleared client as a potential target of a criminal investigation of a large-scale workers’ compensation scheme involving over 70 parties, including California hospitals, medical device companies, pharmacies, marketers and physicians.
- Trade Secret Dispute Defended a physician in a misappropriation of trade secrets and interference with contract case by another physician involving disputes over access to patient lists.