Nelson Hardiman is adept at confronting the legal issues encountered by healthcare providers and programs that treat children with autism, developmental disabilities, and other related language disorders. Our knowledgeable counsel resolves regulatory challenges head on, proactively positioning providers of youth and family healthcare services for optimal effectiveness.
While the Mental Health Parity Act of 2008 and the Affordable Care Act have improved the availability of applied behavioral analyst services, speech and language pathology, and occupational and physical therapy resources, there remain many challenges in ensuring coverage and appropriate reimbursement. In the face of rising demand for services, we apply our extensive regulatory knowledge to help youth and family services providers meet a wide range of business, regulatory, and strategic challenges.
Our Work Includes:
- Business Matters Negotiate the formation, purchase and sale of entities, advise on business structuring for organizations subject to corporate practice of medicine requirements and defend partnership disputes.
- Compliance Manage Family Education Rights Privacy Act (FERPA) compliance requirements, HIPAA and state patient data privacy and security requirements.
- Contracts Negotiate payor and provider contracts.
- Regulatory Defense Provide representation across the full spectrum of regulatory board investigations and hearings.
- Reimbursement Handle reimbursement audits and investigations by private and governmental payors, including the Regional Centers and defend reimbursement disputes.
- Data Privacy Advised on health data privacy and security issues for your and family services center.